The Global Banking and Markets CFO Group has an opening for a Valuation Analyst in the Mortgages Price Verification Group. The PVG team is responsible for developing and maintaining valuation methodology, tools and techniques used in independent price verification and fair value assessment. As a valuation analyst, you will contribute to the development and implementation of the independent price verification of mortgage backed securities and loans.
- Verify trader valuations for Mortgage Backed, Asset Backed and/or Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities and loans
- Partner with Global Valuations Group, Quantitative Strategies Group, Markets Technology and Market Risk to enhance current IPV methods
- Research, develop and incorporate existing and emerging market data sources into IPV processes with a focus on fair value and understanding valuation uncertainty
- Identify, prioritize, refine and execute on business requirements that add value, improve the firm’s control infrastructure and analytical tool
- Serve as an SME in product knowledge for mortgage backed securities and loans trading
Enterprise Role Overview
- Individual Contributor is responsible for the price testing methodology of complex instruments / risks. Works with Global Valuations Group, Quantitative Strategies Group and Technology teams to develop valuation control methodologies and tools
- Actively monitors the valuation / pricing risk of these portfolios. Understands the liquidity of the market and pricing dynamics of the traded instruments and risks.
- Ensures that valuation methodology is consistent with risk replication and trading / hedging strategy. Understands the operation of valuation models at detail level
- Valuation Analysts possess broad knowledge of financial markets and products with a quantitative background and programming skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Data Science or a related field OR Equivalent work experience.
- Experience with MBS/ABS/CMBS
- Experience with financial valuation theory, methodologies and applications
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role