Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise program.
The Intrusion Detection and Response Analyst will function as a member of an Enterprise Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Response team. The Security Analyst will use our security tools and events to find targeted attacks against the banks internal and external network. The analyst will also use new intelligence to update existing controls to detect new threats.
Additional Tasks include:
• Daily analysis of security events
• Building and enhancing automated controls to detect security events
• Work with vendor to maintain our security controls
• Develops and implements processes or controls in support of audit and risk requirements
• Will partner with senior leaders from lines of business organizations to triage security events and report on impacting security initiatives.
• Responsible for mentoring and developing the skill sets of less experienced team members.
• On call and after hour work can be expected.
• Previous network security experience required.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, ability to operate in a high stress environment, and ability to work both independently as well as part of a larger technology team are also required.
• Must be able to plan, execute and document initiatives following established processes and procedures.
Three to five years of experience in network security required.
• Strong Intrusion Analysis background
• Experience with packet captures and interpreting network traffic
• Familiarity with web application attacks including SQL injection, cross-site scripting
• Strong Splunk skill set
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
• Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical business owners
• Motivated and willing to learn.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Unix/Linux system administration experience
• Application development experience
• Firewall administration experience
• Network penetration testing experience
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role