Line of Business Role Description
The Operations Settlement Accounting Consultant provides leadership and advocacy for Enterprise Merchant Operations as a subject matter expert in domestic and international acquiring settlement and related cash management functions. The role is responsible for working across multiple acquiring platforms and business functions to ensure there is optimal processes and controls including adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. The role also supports client experience, employee experience, business controls, metrics, and reporting in support of merchant services products.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Subject matter and business process expert in domestic and international merchant acquiring settlement including operations, accounting, and cash management.
- Domain knowledge of merchant acquiring systems and processes including credit, pin-debit, multi-currency conversion, and dynamic currency conversion.
- Provides core processing oversight for performance of internal and vendor systems and processes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day resolution of complex problems and the execution of complex transactions for multiple sites or larger business unit(s), including risk mitigation and controls for cash management functions.
- Leads in the design, development, and implementation of complex products, systems, and services in an operations environment.
- Manages projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives of an operations nature.
- Functions as the technical expert in cash management activities including bank account set-up, NACHA and AML regulatory adherence, cash adequacy, credit facilities, and accounting.
- Provides work direction, guidance, and expertise to less experienced employees. Provides training to employees and Business Partners on new and complex initiatives. Builds strong relationships with Business Partners across LOBs, including vendors.
- Has in-depth understanding of settlement platforms, processes, and implications on other groups within the operations function and other divisions within the company.
- Clearly recognized as an industry expert with deep domain knowledge of merchant acquiring settlement processes.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
Ability to adjust rapidly to changing demands and priorities.
- Demonstrates “self-starter” behavior, a willingness to help others, and requires minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities; quickly able to adapt to new technology, methodology, and processes.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Individual typically has 5-7 year’s merchant acquiring settlement industry experience.
- BA/MA Accounting or degree in related field (e.g. Finance, Economics).
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) credential preferred.
- Full understanding of merchant acquiring processes across multiple platforms
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role