This position is responsible for the operations and maintenance of a variety of Data Management applications for Application Distribution, and Application Runtime Data Archiving, Data Disposition, serving as a Level I & 2 response team member in a 24x7 support environment.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills by effectively communicating with users, team members, application development teams, other infrastructure support teams, and management.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills
- Incident Management: coordinate incident resolution with service users and other infrastructure teams, leveraging enterprise Incident Management systems, strong customer-focus, and technical knowledge of the applications.
- Change Management: ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes. Participate in reviews of proposed changes, the change control processes, change implementations, and post-implementation Reviews.
- Service Validation and Testing: as part of Change Management, design and perform service validation and testing.
- Capacity Management: ensure that the capacity of application services and the IT infrastructure is able to deliver the agreed service level targets through leveraging enterprise monitoring and capacity planning tools and processes.
- Service Transition: ensure that application and infrastructure security vulnerabilities are remediated in a timely fashion while minimizing user-impact.
- Participate in operational support shift rotation, including weekend coverage.
- 7-9 years of experience in IT
- Systems Administration knowledge on Linux and Windows
- Experience in Capacity Planning, Change Management, Incident Management, and Operations procedures
- Troubleshooting and resolving conditions with server platforms
- Experience supporting web applications (Java server experience required; Tomcat preferred)
- RDBMS knowledge (e.g., on MS SQL, Oracle, DB2 or Sybase)
- Ability to read shell scripts (Bash required; Perl or Python preferred)
- Experience with storage technologies (CIFS and NFS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a 24x7 on call environment
Desired Job Skills:
- Architecture and experience with advanced Storage technologies (Object Storage)
- Experience with Data Management products such as Symantec Data Insight
- Experience performing Archiving and Data Growth projects with IBM InfoSphere Optim
- Scripting ability (Python, Perl, and/or shell)
- Experience automating configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Selenium
- Experience with automated testing processes and tools
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role