The Transparency & Insight Services team creates actionable knowledge by collecting and connecting points of data from multiple disparate systems. We provide a way to put knowledge to work, helping empower Management, Platform/Service Delivery and Support technology teammates to: Manage (Reduce) risk associated with change to Bank of America’s portfolio of technology assets, Increase Availability of CTO technology services and make better valued-based business decisions
The Senior Database Developer provides Actionable Informational Dashboards to our TI and Business Partners, driving Operational Excellence by creating transparent data and automating data insight.
This role will be responsible for creating the table structures and will process data that is required to meet a critical reporting need within the technology group.
This role, works independently with minimal guidance, in understanding requirements provided by Business Analysts and will be writing ETL programs to source data from upstream database systems as well as data sourced with various file formats such xml, csv, etc.
Required Job Skills:
- Experienced MS SQL database developer who will be responsible for developing / maintain TSQL code
- 5+ years of full time experience as MS SQL / MSQL Developer with stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, tables and index creation.
- Experience with Autosys, BIDS/SSIS, TFS, C# and familiarity with object oriented database design and development.
- Experience in database and query optimization will be important.
- Must have familiarity with IT Infrastructure management domain.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Solid understanding of data architecture, efficient database design, writing complex queries and query tuning and troubleshooting.
- 5-7+ years’ full time experience in MS SQL development
- MSSQL Server 2012 or higher
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Knowledge of TFS (Team Foundation Service) or a similar service like Bit Bucket
- Visual Studio 2013 or higher
- Ability to write complex queries and query tuning and troubleshooting
- Ability to write complex stored procedures, functions as well as support/enhance existing
- Ability to create/modify database schema, tables, indexes, etc.
- Knowledge of Indexes, cursors, triggers
- Experience working with partitioned tables and other database design patterns
- SQL Database backup, restore experience with working knowledge of log shipping, log mirroring
- SQL code optimization, tuning with ability to work with large datasets
- Extensive knowledge of Data transformation and validation
- ETL Processing (Autosys Preferred)
Desired Job Skills:
- Experience C# scripting, Tableau
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1's. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role