Senior Visual Designer,
Bank of America Experience Design
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower customers in reaching their financial goals.
We are seeking an experienced *Senior Visual Designer* to join our Consumer Banking XD Team dedicated to financial wellness, rewards and the financial center experience. Our team designs experiences that deepen the client relationship, delivering the value of BofA’s connected products to our customers.
As a Senior Visual Designer you will
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, product partners and tech across the full spectrum of digital product.
- Confidently champion the creation of high-quality design solutions that meet and exceed program challenges, drawing from a deep understanding of the needs of the customer and digital craft.
- Experiment and push the boundaries of our design system, process and practice advancing the XD Visual practice and mentoring Jr. designers.
- Own experimentation and final definition.
- Define fonts, color, layout required best suited to the scenario, from low fidelity testing to final interfaces across multiple digital platforms (mobile, responsive, ATM, custom display).
- Participate and help shape research, user testing and validation that will ensure that we design for our customers.
- Inspire your peers and team members with a perspective and point of view on your craft and practice.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- 5+ years of visual design/UI experience with a stand-out portfolio.
- 2+ years in hybrid, visual and interaction design, able to communicate the user experience at various stages of the process (research findings, wireframes, flows, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes).
- Mastery of the pixel perfect solution and the story to justify and defend it.
- Expert in user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast with interest and passion for evolving a growing internal practice.
- Expert in designing for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Expert in multi-channel industry standards and best practices.
- Expert with Adobe CS, InVision and Sketch.
- Potential future travel up to 20% of time (post COVID).
And you are a person who:
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with other designers and partners in a studio context (not remote).
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Master’s degree in design or Bachelors with compensating experience.
- Financial industry, digital agency, or similar experience preferred.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role