The candidate will be responsible for developing, enhancing, debugging, supporting, maintaining and testing for a global, large-scaled, regulatory reporting application. The system will support hundreds of report preparers and produce thousands of reports annually. The application operates in a highly regulated, global industry, and the person will be responsible for assuring the application complies with all relevant bank policies, including security, data management, and operational risk. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product is critical.
- Design and build horizontally scalable components within the major platform that the team is developing.
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor of the core platform.
- Develop and deliver complex software requirements to accomplish business goals
- Ensure that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Code solutions, unit tests, and ensure the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces.
- Codes solution and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Assess end user issues and identified solutions.
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participate and guide team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Perform spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across data, application, and business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Contribute to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance);
- Document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality
- Thorough understanding of React.JS and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.JS workflows
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., immutable.js)
- Experience with NodeJS, Jest, OpenAPI
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with web services development, REST interfaces and related data integration
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms such as JSON web token
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Experience working with 3rd-party user control libraries such as Kendo UI
- Experience working in an agile development environment with use of Jira (highly desirable)
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with tools such as Web Storm 2020, Visual Studio Code, MongoDB Compass, Git.
- Flexible, self-starter & independent, fast-learner; willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s a strong plus
- Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank.
- Financial Services Domain expertise a plus
- Experience with GraphQL
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role