About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Background: The Markets Application Production Services group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Equities including Cash and Futures & Options. The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group closely interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. Markets Application Production Services group has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
The successful candidate will join a regional team based in several locations whose primary focus will be on providing front line support for client connectivity and cash trading related to direct market access and algorithm and high frequency trading platforms for all of Asia.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of production Electronic Trading platform regionally
- Provide and manage day-to-day application support to front-office trading systems, which includes monitoring all kinds of DSA, DMA, High Frequency Trading and co-location flows, managing client and market connectivity, answering user queries, monitoring applications, release of changes to production environment and post-release checking.
- Located on the trading floor. Interact closely with regional and global business users and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management. Main tasks include: provide communication, take remedial actions to resolve outage, provide information to business to alleviate knock-on impact, work on post-mortem and follow-up actions for root cause identification, recurrence prevention, and any improvement in problem detection and resolution.
- Ensure that standards of operating procedures for incident, problem, monitoring, service requests and change management procedures are followed
- Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours on a rota basis such as on weekends, or early morning shifts according to business needs.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential production problems in all trading systems and escalate them to relevant parties if necessary. Suggest continuous improvements to existing processes for support both locally and globally
- Provide performance and capacity monitoring and planning to the platform to ensure the applications are running in healthy state and enough capacity to handle volatile market volumes
- 3+ years working experience in a similar role.
- Educated to degree level in engineering or science discipline.
- Have experience in production technology support in investment banking environment.
- Good system knowledge of Unix/Linux, Messaging Middleware (MQ, EMS, RV), market data, Oracle and networks.
- Familiar with Unix shell scripts, Perl and python.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Experience with Fix Protocol, troubleshooting experience in direct market access, high frequency trading and algorithmic trading.
- Knowledge of Asia cash markets behavior (e.g. TSE, OSE, HKEx, ASX, SGX, KRX, TFX, NSE)
- Proactive, has initiative, diligent, hardworking. Willing to learn.
- A good team player and able to work independently, ability and experience in leading a team would be an advantage
- Good verbal and communication skills are necessary.
- Able to work under pressure in time sensitive trading environment
- Experience with ITRS, Java VM, Windows, Ansible, AMPS, Autosys, Tableau would be an advantage
Learn more about this role