- Design, implement, administer and support Linux systems served by Big-Data storage solutions in a shared analytics environment.
- Provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to Linux servers and storage systems and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those storage systems.
- Ensures stable performance for the server and storage environment through performance monitoring and tuning.
- Perform capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction. Ensures systems maintenance of servers and storage systems.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using our project management methodology
- Implement ACL’s on a large scale for SAS, RAP, Phoenix platforms.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
Enterprise Position Overview:
- Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements.
- Contributes in decisions of technical and operational feasibility of solutions.
- Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes.
- Lead multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource;
- Provides technical knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1's.
- Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel.
- Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
- A UNIX systems engineering role with a high technical environment,
- Experience of supporting Linux in a large scale Production environment. Technical background will include extensive and proven experience of storage migrations, OS patching, shell scripting, advanced OS troubleshooting, new builds and deployments, software installation, system tuning
- Management and administration of enterprise big data storage in a UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of general storage technologies: SAN, NAS; prior experience or familiarity with alternative storage products is desirable
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including principles of network-routing client/server applications
- Knowledge of Distributed File Systems (GPFS) beneficial
- Understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including the principles of network routing and client/server programming
- Familiarity with how Analytic Tools such as SAS, R, Python, Salford, DataRobot, etc. interact with and perform on varied infrastructure designs a plus
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role