Reviews and analyzes appraisal reports of staff and outside fee vendors for efficacy of their value conclusions, adherence to technical appraisal theory and methodology governing residential real property, and adherence to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. Adjudicates value conclusion discrepancies. Requires current and working knowledge of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, and appraisal theory and methodology governing residential real property. Requires appraisal license, at least 5 years of appraisal experience and state certification is preferred.
• Accountable for quality assurance review of valuation products delivered to the Bank.
• Identify, analyze and report deficiencies in the valuation product under review that are material and may impact the completeness, adequacy, relevance, and credibility of the appraisal report.
• Leads or participates in special project(s) as directed by management. Projects could include topics focused on corrections, reconsiderations, or targeted quality assurance risk concerns, process improvement, policy & procedures, or acting as subject matter expert (SME).
• Maintain knowledge of policy & procedures, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and regulatory guidelines, appraisal theory and methodology governing residential real property.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• General Certified or Residential Certified Appraiser in good standing with home state
• Minimum of 5 years appraisal field experience with complex property assignments
• Ability to obtain multiple state appraisal reciprocal licensing based on regulatory compliance needs
• Thorough understanding of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, regulatory guidelines, appraisal theory, and methodology governing residential real property
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to deliver a clear and understandable message to a variety of audiences
• Effective listening and comprehension skills
• Ability to research, analyze and resolve complex valuation issues
• Ability to make a swift and supported decisions
• Comfortable with working independently and able to triage escalated deliverables appropriately
• Effective organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and maintain production goals
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office and keyboarding skills
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.