The Bank of America Technology Infrastructure Innovation Lab team is a shared services team that provides Lab as a Service Cloud and Technology Certification services to Bank’s Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams in support of Test and Certification functions for new Technology products and solutions. Our TI Innovation labs are leveraged across our internal optical, packet data, security, network, compute, virtualization, automation, storage, and real time collaboration product towers to certify all aspects of daily tasks in addition to validating highly complex technology solutions. The staff resources working in this position will be responsible for design, build, Automate, and operate next generation never down solution for all TI Innovation lab providing Lab as a Service to our internal customers.
Required Job Skills:
- 7+ years in Information Technology
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN/Compute/Storage/Linux/Windows
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Linux, Windows, ESXi and vCenter
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Routing and Switching protocols including but not limited to MPLS, BGP,EIGRP
- Experience with configuration and support experience in a complex multi-layered network environment
- Excellent customer service skills including reporting, organization, written and oral communication and task prioritization.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-directed individual
- Experience participating in cross-functional teams and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others in procedures mastered as part of implementations
- Understanding of complex interconnectivity, topology and relationships of client server, virtualization, containers, Private, and Public Cloud environments
- Linux & Windows system administration experience
Desired Job Skills:
- BA or BS in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Data Communications or Computer Science
- Knowledge and experience with network technologies such as: Switching, Routing, Application Delivery, Firewalling, Proxy, DNS, Time services, SDN, Overlay Networking, Cloud, Virtualization and Network Function Virtualization
- Experience with Python Programing, application development and working with highly technical engineers
- Experience with network traffic generation tools and lab automation tools
- Hand-on knowledge vRA, vRO, NSX
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Automation
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, VB
- Experience using configuration management systems such as Ansible, Ansible Tower, etc
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role