LOB: Global Risk
Corporate Title: Vice President
The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR)Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent compliance and operational risk oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy, the Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (collectively “the Policies”) and the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (“CORM”) Program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). As a member of an FLU or CF C&OR officer team, the C&OR Manager demonstrates and applies business acumen to promote a culture of risk management and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks. This role exercises judgment and influence, and may constructively challenge FLU and CF leaders to support the CORM Program objectives, balancing business strategy with appropriate controls.
The C&OR Manager contributes to the requirements in the GCOR Policy aligned to compliance and operational risk officers, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Build effective working relationships with relevant business managers and teams, and engaging with them to understand strategy and direction and independently advise those partners on how to deliver their plans while effectively handling compliance risk.
- Provide dedicated, timely advice on the meaningful regulatory and firm policy requirements in respect of day-to-day activity, ad hoc queries, specific transactions, new product initiatives, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Business Controls Office in the development of supervisory practices.
- Ensure that appropriate Monitoring & Testing is conducted, in line with compliance risk assessments and on a timely basis with appropriate partner concern and resolution of any issues or matters arising from those activities.
- Assist in preparing for regulatory visits, including conducting reviews of affected areas; briefing relevant staff; coordinating the logistics of the visit and contributing to the follow-up actions.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to regulator enquiries including discussion with regulatory bodies relating to information required and deadlines, and liaison with internal groups to obtain information and prepare responses.
- Participate as required in internal investigations into potential breaches of regulatory requirements or firm policy.
- Contribute to department initiatives on regulatory developments and impact analysis on the firm’s business support organisations.
- Liaise with colleagues including Regional LOB, EMEA Country Compliance & Operational Risk, GFCC, the Control Room, other Lines of Business, and across regions in respect of Equity Business issues.
- Work closely with the global team and Legal departments to build and deploy global policies and procedures.
- Ensure development and delivery of appropriate compliance training.
- Join a young and international team with very good working spirit.
- Our Paris based team has interaction with FICC and EQTs business across EU and UK.
- We have very strong interactions with other Paris based C&OR team and as well with other C&OR teams across the world.
- As we are a small team there is plenty of opportunities to get exposure to the Business and C&OR management
- We benefit from all the learning & development offered by BOFA
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Legal, Compliance or Regulatory qualifications helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and solid influencing capability across all levels of management and with regulators.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Able make decisions in a demanding, high-energy environment.
- Project management skills.
- Self-aware: Ability to self-identify priorities, deliver to deadline and handle challenging demands and partners.
- Good team attitude, willing to interact and discuss issues in a team environment.
- A deep understanding of Global Markets products, including equity products and derivatives products, Genuine interest in the securities markets and banking world, regulation and changing legislation.
- Experience in dealing with regulators.
- Sound risk management skills and an ability to apply good judgment, take decisions when required and to intensify when necessary.
- Flexibility: Take a solution driven perspective, be a keen problem solver and have the dedication to seek answers to complex issues.
- The ability to synthesise laws, rules and regulations into practice.
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Learn more about this role