About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Network Operations Engineer lead engagement and resolution of large events, which are incident or multiple incidents that are significant in scope and impact. Works with other teams including Network ITOM, Architecture & Engineering, regional stakeholders, and suppliers to identify root cause of critical event issues and implement restoration activities, including participation on Change Management bridges.
The individual will also be part of a virtual team working closely with various Network Services Group to develop software systems which manage networking constructs like Firewalls/Loadbalancers, SDN routers and switches. They will be required to understand, analyze complex interconnectivity, topology and relationships of client/server, virtual container and physical environments.
- Network Support for Events and Incidents across the BoA network.
- Provides hands-on troubleshooting to assist our vendor partners.
- Review and support of Change Requests and Restoral actions.
- Follows documented Network Operations standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective “Command and Control” of the triage bridge for troubleshooting efforts on a large incident or multiple incidents that are significant in scope and impact.
- Incorporates KPI metrics into all deployed, modified, or scripted components which the individual has responsibility on.
- Collaborates with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software applications built offsite.
- Provides technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Serves as a proficient technical resource, focusing in the Network Automation space.
- Makes complex modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support, and industry standards.
"Must" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Network Operations role and 3+ years’ professional experience as part of software development team which focuses on automation in Network services space.
- Technical hard skills requirement:
- Strong software development and design skills (Python), understanding of SDLC, agile methodologies and tooling
- Strong programming skills and development experience: Python and frameworks such as Django, Flask, Jinja, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA & OOD)
- Experience with GIT, Jira, Jenkins, Continuous Build systems with automated testing (unit and end-to-end testing)
- OS Platforms: Cisco IOS, Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2, Linux 6.7 and higher (Redhat)
- Source Control: Git
- Automation: Configuration via Ansible
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting at least 2 of the following technologies:
- Hardware load balancing and load balancer services architectures/technologies: F5 BigIP/LTM/GTM/APM/3DNS, iRules and AVI Loadbalancers.
- BlueCoat Proxy, FireEye, Radware, Vontu, IDS/IPS technologies
- DDI/AAA: Akamai eDNS Cloud 2nd Name Servers, Domain Registrar, DNS SEC, DNS ANYCAST, IPAM DNS Organisations and zone administration, Aruba TACACS, Bluecat DDI.
- Juniper SRX and NS platforms using JUNOS / SCREENOS
- Checkpoint and Nokia IP platforms
- Fortinet Firewall platforms
- Working knowledge of networking communication principles, network standards, and network security practices.
- Working knowledge of core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, HTTP).
- Must be able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment while balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations.
- Ability to manage client escalations and negotiate resolution.
- Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes.
- Ability to make quick decisions and comfortable escalating to management when required.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and administration tools (NSM, SmartManager, NNMi, AppViewX, SEVONE, HPNA, Splunk, ThousandEyes
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting full suite of Cisco switches and routers – IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XR
- Understanding of common network technologies, including TCP/IP, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, SNMP, NAT, Multicast, Sub-netting, Ethernet, Access-lists.
- Understanding of at least 2 of the following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS.
- Previous experience with the Bank in an IT capacity considered a plus.
Learn more about this role