Enterprise Overview: Supervises trade booking and trade validation. Responsible for the analysis and resolution of a wide variety of complex products that may require special handling or exception reporting. Supports ongoing trade maintenance, reporting and supports the implementation of improvements to the system infrastructure and control environment. Introduces new initiatives, products and services, procedural, systems or hardware solutions to improve efficiency. Requires product experience and knowledge of financial instruments accounting relevant to the area supported. May provide input to recruiting and hiring & performance management processes. BA preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically 5-7 years of applicable experience.
LOB Job Description: As part of the Americas Equity Trade Control team the candidate as part of the wider Americas Trade Control team will be responsible for providing all aspects of operational trade support to the Equities sales and trading businesses. The role provides operational support for an exciting and fast paced set of businesses across Equities. The candidate will collaborate with business partners alongside end to end functional areas in order to deliver on business and operational objectives for the Global Markets Equities division. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring operational support across the lifecycle of a trade for related lines of business, drive booking accuracy, and process improvements. The position will provide opportunities to drive change, improve controls, influence front to back operational processes and exposure to several lines of business and products. Requires product experience and knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area(s) supported. BA preferred or substantially equivalent business experience.
• Performs the operational activities of the equities trade support functions such as: corporate action processing, equity swaps and derivatives lifecycle management, cash equity processing, allocation adjustments, trade correction processing, trade break reconciliation, break research and resolution, regulatory reporting, driving change, metrics, static data maintenance, assisting with PnL and local currency funding requirements.
• Responsible for trade validation and trade amendment booking and the analysis and resolution of a wide variety of problems across cash equity and equity derivative products that may require special handling or exception reporting.
• Collaborate with various areas across Global Markets such as trading, sales, trade control, risk, credit, COOs, legal, compliance and other operational areas.
• Participates in the introduction of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls.
• Handles ad hoc requests from trading, sales and client(s).
• Collaborate daily with peers across functional areas based in US, EMEA and APR to ensure seamless and consistent global front to back support.
• Ensures accurate LOB reporting and submits Self-Identified issues to be logged and monitored, and Ops losses to be reviewed and logged as Self-Identified Issues if existing controls are not sufficient.
• Develops and analyzes procedures and manages daily control checklist and heat maps to ensure sufficient desk coverage.
• Opportunities for rotational assignment across the department to support various trading desks as demands arise.
• Collaborates with business, compliance, supervision, and risk to ensure procedures are compliant and up to date.
• Leverage understanding of the performance drivers for the GBAM businesses to create value add analysis and lead strategic insights
• Booking accuracy
• Understands and performs the operational activities of the Equities Trade Support functions
• Detailed knowledge of cash equities, equity swaps, and/or equity derivatives products. Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes
• In depth knowledge of equity markets and lifecycle management processing of in scope products
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work in a high pressured environment / multi-tasking
• Demonstrated ability to manage and implement change including test plans and management of implementation activities
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable communicating with clients, senior business and support partners
• Basic understanding of regulatory environment and industry initiatives
• Familiarity with trade capture, client onboarding, and risk systems a plus
• Operates with urgency at all times under intense and fast paced environment
• Industry certifications a plus, but not required
• 2+ years of trade support or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with documentation and other requirements (regulatory, credit, AML, static data needs, documentation) for trading various equity products
• Demonstrate an ability to drive change / tasks to completion
• Self-starter with outstanding problem solving skills. Excels at ‘getting things done’ with minimal direction.
• Strong operational processing and risk control skills including the ability to build well-controlled spreadsheets and source appropriate and meaningful data
• Be enthusiastic, keen to learn and quick to gain an understanding of complex issues and concepts
• Take responsibility for delivering high quality work and have a track record of outperformance and delivery
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment – both work closely with senior members of the team and work independently
Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role