Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management. General Internal Reconcilement and Control process or GIRC is part of the controllership function of the Bank. GIRC team is engaged in reconciling almost all the Balance sheet accounts of the Bank. This involves use of various IT applications, tools and policy adherence which is essential for the process.
(Provide a high level overview of the role and scope of responsibilities)
An individual contributor role of a GL Reconciler. The incumbent in this role is required to perform reconciliation of GL with a sub-ledger or supporting document. He/she is required to prepare reconciliations for various Balance Sheet Accounts in accordance with Bank’s reconciliation policy and standards. The person may also have to review reconciliations for other reconcilers. The reconciliations are then reviewed and signed off by an approver.
• Support in exercising financial control over the General Ledger mainly through the process of GL account reconciliations and reporting of GL balances and outstanding items in a timely and accurate manner
• Perform different variety of routine and ad-hoc reconciliations in accordance with standard procedures in compliance with internal company policies and SOX requirements
• Analyze transactions in the GL and Sub-GL to determine to ensure that transactions are in line with nature and purpose of the account.
• Constantly monitor the accounts to ensure that the transactions are posted are in line with nature of GL Accounts; identify gaps and work with business partners to fix them
• Verification on a daily basis that the system reconciliations have been updated through external feeds and that the data is correct
• Review open items and work with business partners for resolution, work with LOB Controllers, other departments, business units to resolve problems pertaining to General Ledger account usage
• When asked, provide information and relevant supporting documents to Finance controllers and internal/external auditors regarding account balances, outstanding or open items
• Support the designated Approver and Manager with any other tasks assigned on the process from time to time
B.Com/M.Com with C.A(Inter)/Part CMA/Part CPA/MBA(Finance) from a reputed Institute
Certifications If Any
3-5 Years in GL Accounting out of which at least 75% in GL Reconciliation function
1) Good oral and written communication skills
2) Good knowledge of accounting concepts & journal entries
3) Good analytical skills and knowledge of transactional flow in Accounts.
4) Good knowledge of MS Excel and other office applications
2) Basic Knowledge of Alteryx/Tableau.
Work Timings* 11:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Job Location* - Gurugram
Learn more about this role