Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals
Who are we?
- We are building a new strategic data platform for NFRR (Non-Finance Regulatory Reporting). This is a new initiative focused on ADS enrichment, Orchestration, Data quality monitoring and regulatory reporting
- We work in a dynamic environment where team members are flexible, self-sufficient; learn the business, the data and the technology stack with minimal supervision and lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications.
About the Role:
Looking for a Data Engineer who has a rare combination of skills to push the leading edge in NLP research in financial services domain, creating inferences, predictions, recommendations and designing models for the Regulatory Change Management initiative in NFRR.
- Individual contributor role enabling Augmented Intelligence solutions in a cross-functional tech team environment.
- Lead research and implementations for our next-generation solutions for regulatory change and data management.
- Build, improve and extend NLP capabilities in various modules
- Research and evaluate innovative approaches to NLP problems
- Communicate effectively with cross functional work groups to assess opportunities and deliver on solutions.
- Identify and remediate risks in a timely manner
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a Data Engineering, Data Scientist or related roles
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative discipline.
- Strong STEM background
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Python and use of NLTK, Tensorflow, Pytorch and related libs.
- Proven experience tuning hyper-parameters and evaluation of model performance.
- Experience with banking data and systems including the distribution and use of data for analytics, modeling, and reporting.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MongoDB and Spark
- Experience developing solutions using GraphDB Neo4j is a plus.
- Highly motivated, proactive and a self-starter; strong sense of ownership & ability to create and execute plans without daily oversight
- Critical thinker; ability to analyze problems and identify both tactical and strategic solutions
- Highly organized. Effectively prioritizes and balances multiple efforts in a fast-paced, regulatory driven environment
BS in Computer Science, Engineering
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role