LOB Job Description:
Interpets diverse business requirements into technical Real Time Communications solutions framework.
• Provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints.
• Works across multiple vendors and internal partners to produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction.
• Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs. Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives or incidents. Produce and/or endorse network standards.
• Provide advice and recommendations specific to customer requirements.
• Evaluate emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs. Serve as a key representative on network initiatives. Update standards and guidelines.
• Review the feasibility of new and existing IT projects. Write technical and business documentation. Lead high level scoping and costing activities. Guide and influence team members and business colleagues.
• Responsible for technology roadmaps and architecture with Product Management and Business Unit plans, and ensuring engineering compliance
• Create and maintain specific multiyear technology roadmaps aligned with business unit plans
• Develop and maintain specific architecture blueprints and design standards (in an engineering repository)
• Certify project teams’ compliance in accordance with the toll gate process entry and exit criteria
• Develop testing strategy and technology certification plan
• Responsible for tracking emerging technologies and conducting proof-of-concepts for those with applicability to BAC
• Develop and maintain a technology radar based on primary and secondary research
• Run innovation workshops and councils to identify potential business solutions
• Establish and manage a technology laboratory for experimentation
• Engage with Global Information Security, Compliance, and Legal to ensure proper controls
• Conduct proof-of-concepts for selected solution ideas
• Promote new ideas to business units in collaboration with Relationship Managers
• Ownership of Architecture Design Reviews
• Create High Level Designs
• Represent RTC at various steering and toll gate committees
• Present designs on behalf of RTC to various steering and toll gate committees
• Participate in peer reviews for high and low level designs
• Institute a governance council and process to enforce compliance and review/approve exception requests
• Develop strong linkage with the Engineering teams to deliver standard designs and ensure compliance
• Develop test plans for introduction or change in architecture design
• Establish, measure, maintain, and drive efficiencies within the A&E organization
• Audit processes, measuring design quality, and ensuring improvements are recognized
• Responsible for Testing Center of Excellence
• Responsible for RTC Global Design Committee process
• Responsible for Technology showcase (Featuring Global Expo)
• Able to communicate to various organizational levels in the organization including senior management levels including presenting architecture solutions, roadmaps effectively to line of business partners and application development leaders.
• Engages in high severity production incidents and problem tickets in support of any RTC redesign requirements.
• Provides feedback to product teams as to the catalog of standard products, and business requirements for changes to the catalog.
• 10+ Years of experience in networking industry.
• CCIE preferred.
• Experience in financial industry is beneficial.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated work experience in similar capacity as an architect for large enterprise network.
• Expertise in voice and video enterprise platforms such as: Avaya Communications Manager, Cisco Products (Webex, CUCM, CULM, CUC, CMS, TP), Ribbon (7000/5000/2000), IPC Unigy, NICE Voice Recording and/or Zoom
• Expertise in voice technologies including but not limited to voice over IP protocols/RFCs (H.323/SIP), IP PBX, session management, session border controllers, carrier technology, etc.
• Experience with networking products such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and WAN optimization products.
• Experience with cloud products and providers (AWS, Azure and/or Google).
• Familiar with technology trends in networking, examples include but not limited to software defined networking (SDN), BYOD, SIP session management etc.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role