This first-level operations management position for a small operations unit responsible for the operation of insertion and printing equipment for processing customer statements and other customer communications for a world class statement processor, reporting to the Site Manager. May manage multiple functions within an area. Key responsibilities include supervision of employees in their day-to-day functions of meeting productivity and quality goals and adhering to Bank of America’s core values. Other key responsibilities will include motivating, coaching and developing associates to achieve optimal performance results and career goals. Performs all managerial functions, leads project work, and continually utilizes independent judgment. Majority of the typical work day will be spent on the production floor managing the people and process for optimal performance.
Job Requirements – Required Skills:
- Production Management Skills:
- 2-5 years of management experience in a production environment
- 2 -4 Year college level education; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Consistently model and demonstrate behaviors as required by the Bank of America Core Values – creating and sustaining a culture of both operational and service excellence
- Flexibility to work off shift and weekend hours as required by the business
- Plans, manages, and adjusts workload and monthly schedules to optimize production resources, meet scheduled commitments and development of people.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and lead personnel (Both)
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, high-capacity and high-execution environment.
- Identifies, documents, and drives departmental performance to meet metrics for Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Waste standards for a specific team.
- Delivers communication and drives departmental performance goals through engaging the team and ensuring understanding while equipping and empowering them with the tools and resources needed; establish clear accountability for the team’s work; Excellent interpersonal skills for motivation, persuasion and encouragement
- Collaborate and proactively communicate with shift Operations Manager regarding staffing, team member issues, equipment updates, production issues or changes in schedule to maintain seamless communication between all shifts.
- Perform general supervisory responsibilities such as interviewing, administering performance reviews, approving time and attendance, compliance with quality and safety procedures, etc.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Identify root cause and remediation through trending and improve overall quality exception findings. Timely delivery of quality exception feedback; Ensure that exceptions/errors are reviewed within the appropriate time frame to allow for timely feedback and performance coaching
- Critical thinking – Focus on the right things and take action
- Drive compliance with all 5S operational organization and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ability to make sound decisions, solve problems, and to exhibit a continuous process improvement orientation in a fast paced environment
- Physical Demands and Work Environments:
- Ability to constantly stand for 8 hours
- Ability to bend and move about the production floor, to reach various parts of the production equipment, as needed, while adhering to safety and ergonomic guidelines
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 40 lbs. as required throughout each shift
Job Requirements - Desired Skills:
- Previous experience managing in an insertion and/or print equipment operations site
- Knowledge of Document Fulfillment Services business processes, vendors, and system applications
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certified
Work schedule is 2pm-10:30pm Tuesday through Satur but must be willing and able to work other hours occasion as needed
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role