Bank of America is looking to build out their application Development capabilities as well as leadership skills. The Developer work side by side with business partners to ensure expected quality software is built to serve our customers and clients. They will be responsible for understanding the business requirements, Build/enhance application components to support the requirement, enabling testing organization to certify the application, Support technology infrastructure team in production deployment and transitioning to support team. The Developer is expected to learn the business and technical components of an application and Work with their peers to follow enterprise software development methodologies. Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse software platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry. Will not have direct reports. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities
5+ years in a leadership role
5+ years of relevant IT software experience (Development SDLC lifecycle)
3+ years in DevOps Role
• Must have 5+ years of experience in MuleSoft/TIBCO development
• 5+ years of experience in JAVA development
• Knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Batch Strong Core Java Skills
• Experience in building REST APIs (JAXRS/Swagger/YAML) technologies and Development approaches
• Experience in Web Services (JAXRPC or JAXWS) technologies and Development approaches.
• Basic Knowledge of XML Schema and Processing Technologies (Parsers, JAXB, XSLT, etc)
• Good Understanding of Core Java Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns ( like Adapters, Business Objects, Delegates, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, DTO)
• At least 2 of the following: Websphere/Weblogic/Apache/Tomcat/JBOSS
• Basic knowledge of source code management Git, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server and others
• Knowledge of build tools and processes like Maven, Ant and others
• Working knowledge of build automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using tools like Jenkins, Ansible Tower and others
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
• IDE - Eclipse
• Strong database background on one or more of these databases: Vertica, Mainframe, DB2, Teradata, Cassandra, Oracle etc.
• Experience in using RDBMS/SQL Familiarity and Exposure to Oracle is a plus.
• RDBMS - Oracle/MSSQL
• Programming in the Windows environment
• Bachelor degree in IT related field or Science & Engineering
• Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
• Ability to acquire business domain knowledge quickly and effectively to take a role of subject matter expert for multiple applications
• Deep understanding of the software development and support process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Frameworks - Struts and JSF
• SQL Stored Procedures
• UNIX Commands
• Familiarity with MQ Middleware
• Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork and inclusiveness.
• Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, capable of, providing technical solutions.
• Adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
• Prior banking/finance experience of working with globally distributed teams
• Able to contribute to Automation, System Analysis and Develop shared/common solutions
• Able to identify risks and mitigation
• Comfortable working in a matrix environment
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role