- Institutional Retirement and Personal Wealth Retirement Department RPWS provides best in class, integrated intuitive products by maintaining a forward thinking mindset, focusing on risk management and offering both institutional and personal retirement capability sets. We provide technology solutions for MLII Proprietary Defined Contribution (DC), Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation (NQDC), Defined Benefit (DB), Health Benefit Solutions (HBS), Educational Savings Solutions (529) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
- We are looking for seasoned hands on Solution Architect to lead the efforts for defining the technology architecture strategy for our next generation institutional retirement platform. This individual will be responsible for all technology architecture responsibilities to migrate on-premise global solutions to a state-of-the-art cloud-native platform. The individual will work closely with enterprise architecture teams, development teams, and Retirement Operations and Product teams to shape the landscape of this space.
Key responsibilities include
- Leads the definition of architecture strategy for the institutional retirement platform. Ensures architecture is flexible, modular, and meets enterprise requirements for security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with business and technology organizations to align technology strategy to business strategy and help define architecture that modernize our technology, optimize business processes, and enable the business to compete in the evolving emerging environment
- Lead buy/build assessments and cost benefit analysis and derives effective decision making
- Builds alliances with both internal and external stakeholders to gain support and buy-in on ideas. Partners effectively with business stakeholders and leverages industry knowledge.
- Facilitates solution driven discussions, leads the design for simplification of complex architectures, and finds creative solutions through practical experiments and POCs
- Works with Product Owners to define roadmap for the next generation platform implementation
- Lead and partner with team members to define best technology practices and standardization strategies, and to create innovative solutions.
- Derives the organization towards best practices and technologies such as DevOps, Agile, Microservices, scalability and building reusable components
- 15+ years in leading large scale applications and defining technology architecture and strategies
- Proven track record of execution and delivery involving Transformational Global Programs
- 10+ year experience as hands on seasoned developer/development lead using Java, .Net technologies, and Big data.
- Experience in micro-services, big data concepts, DB2/Oracle Databases, cloud technology, Java , .Net. and design patterns
- Demonstrated expertise in defining major enterprise level architecture and modernization using multiple technologies and delivering it throughout implementation phases
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies, architecture, and design patterns
- Strong analytics and communication skills including ability to drive diverse group towards common goal and clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Ability to balance need to deliver while maintaining architectural standards
- Experiences in collaborating with onshore, nearshore, and offshore teams
- Experience in Agile/Scrum delivery models
- Continuous learner with good understanding of new technology trends and ability to promote innovative solutions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Information Technology management
- Experience with Retirement technology platforms and vendor products such as Omni Defined Contribution (DC)
- Masters in Computer Science and Information Technology management
- Knowledge of Mainframe technology and migrations patterns to distribute platforms including Unix, Java, Windows, and Cloud
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role