The role is for a Production Support Analyst supporting the Global Risk Analytics Suite Applications. Candidate will work closely with the line of business risk managers, application development team, quality assurance team, and other technology partners (DBAs, SAs, etc.) to provide the production support of market risk applications. Activities of the production support and management include but are not limited to: application monitoring and health check to assure system availability and stable performance, user query and production incident handling, trouble-shooting application performance issues, application environment/infrastructure management, capacity management, release process management including application deployment and configuration. In carrying out the production duties, associate needs to follow the bank’s production processes and guidelines, document technical details both for the benefit of team knowledge sharing and for production audit requirements
Supports Global Markets Trading functions. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing personal computer equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves more complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Installs new hardware, software, and maintains existing hardware. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. Typically 1-3 years of technology experience.
1. 2-5 years in an application support position within a similar environment. Hands-on experience in supporting client applications and close interaction with the business users and application teams within financial industry, and preferably in the risk space.
2. Good Knowledge of supporting a heterogeneous environment with in-house solutions based in Java, UNIX Shell scripts, Python, and JSS.
3. Good knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems is a must.
4. Good knowledge of Oracle, Hadoop, or similar DBMS is a must, and good experience in articulating and handling performance issues typically seen in very large databases.
5. Good knowledge of Autosys to automate the batch
6. Understanding of the Service Support and Delivery disciplines. Aware of the importance for incident, problem and change management procedures for day to day support activities.
7. Proven knowledge of “Best Practices” in production support
1. Previous client facing experience.
2. Hadoop knowledge.
3. Spectrum Grid knowledge
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role