The Project Manager role will support the Change Management team within the Military Banking Overseas Division (MBOD). The role provides project management support/leadership for all initiatives relating to the division. The primary focus for this role is in support of technology initiatives. This is includes, but is not limited to: system refresh, hardware/software upgrades, circuit implementation, ATM deployment support, etc.
- Direct and manage overall project status, budget, resources, and risks.
- Accountable for managing projects with cross-functional and inter-departmental implications.
- Serves as secondary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives; provides assistance to staff throughout the change management process.
- Partners closely and collaborates with Retail, Technology, Operations and Support teams to deliver shared project objectives.
- Accountable for analyzing current state, developing alternative future state approaches, and facilitating implementation.
- Plan, organize, monitor and control projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
- Develop and socialize potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Effectively communicate with senior leaders, department managers, peers, business partners and vendors on deliverables, timelines, status and support requirements.
- Partner with line of business representatives to develop transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change.
- Create vendor Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and ensure procurement and competition processes are closely followed.
- Create and manage project documentation, such as project proposals, project plans, issues lists, and project budgets.
- Effectively coordinate and lead project meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of project management experience.
- Experience leading technology and infrastructure projects. –ie - hardware/software upgrades for refresh, application upgrades
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work efforts and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to translate business plans/policies into specific goals and action plans.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills (to include written and verbal).
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Experience compiling and maintaining extensive project documentation, such as project plans, proposals and information papers, RFPs, project budgets, and issues lists
- Self-motivated with proven flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within strict timeframes and meet the demands associated with managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent meeting management skills, to include developing agendas, facilitating meetings, and compiling formal meeting minutes. Ability to confidently speak in small and medium-sized forums.
- Proven ability to focus on detail.
- 1 to 3 years experience working for a financial institution
- Experience in testing, deployment and implementation.
- Knowledge of Retail banking products, services, processes and systems.
- Experience leading technology and infrastructure projects.
- Project management certification.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role