• Work with business SMEs to understand data requirements and translate them into predictive models and analytical tools.
• Develop state-of-the-art software tools to collect, and analyze large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data to streamline business processes.
• Apply techniques in natural language processing and applied mathematics to develop text classification tools to automate the existing manual review of the documents.
• Present information using data visualization techniques and communicate findings and mine useful insights.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance.
• Required: Candidate must possess an advanced graduate degree in Engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, actuarial science, economics or related technical field. Strong background in machine learning, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability at the graduate school level or higher, as well as experience creating predictive analytics with noisy data. Background in text analytics, news aggregation and natural language processing.
• 1-2 years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of financial engineering, data science, or risk analytics as it relates to the securities industry. Knowledge of predictive model development and oversight.
• Experience with and ability to work with data including rapid prototyping and coding skills using common data scientist tools (e.g., Python/R, Plotly, Shiny, Presto, Tensorflow, Keras, pyTorch)
• Strong knowledge of advanced statistical methods, Bayesian learning techniques, pattern recognition and outlier detection algorithms, and predictive modeling methods including decision trees and random forest approaches..
• Knowledge of financial engineering to develop, maintain and/or validate models used for forecasting, valuation, instrument and strategy selection, portfolio construction, and risk management covering a wide range of financial instruments, including equities, fixed income, currencies, futures, commodities, and/or derivatives • Proficient communication skills and experience writing model documentation
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role