Job Description Summary:
Responsible for the day to day resolution of complex problems/claims including in-depth analysis. The incumbent will take appropriate action based on transaction characteristics & account changes with indicators of complex scenarios related to all claims types. Must be considered a subject matter expert in all claims types. Complex decisions are made based on analytical research, established policies and procedures, and judgment. Requires extensive experience and must follow established procedures & guidelines while utilizing multiple systems & tools. Handles escalated customer situations that were unable to be resolved by the initial claims analyst. Provides coaching and training to other associates. Ensures compliance with Federal and Bank Regulations. Excellent communication and follow up skills required. To appropriately investigate and decision claim, incumbent will interact with multiple business partners. Customer communication includes claim education, setting appropriate expectations or skillfully denying the claim. Individual must have 3-5 years of claims experience along with working knowledge of applicable regulations.
Responsible for the support of the Credit Fraud Reactivations Process. Responsibilities include: Research and Decision daily incoming claims using multiple systems and tools, self-manage, diffusing difficult customer challenges and debiting or crediting customer's accounts as appropriate and update customer regarding pending claims. Researches and resolves escalated Claims and handle difficult customer inquiries. The incumbents primary interaction is through indirect customer functions. Typically performs back office functions such as, service support, claims resolution and judgment claims. Maintains internal operational and financial controls and ensures that they are observed for all assigned cases. Ensures that all cases are resolved in compliance with industry regulations and bank procedures, integrity levels of the department's case management system and financial controls. Works within a team environment. Associate is expected to meet or exceed department level benchmarks for productivity and quality. May provide support and training to other analysts within the department. Has thorough knowledge of the Claims Analyst function and handles more complex cases which require analytical and problem resolution skills. At least 2 years of Fraud Claims experience is preferred.
The Sr. Claims Analyst Back Office position has primary responsibility for resolving customer problems and concerns regarding consumer credit claims /products.
• Individual must have 3-5 years of claims experience along with working knowledge of applicable regulations.
• 1 year Claims Back Office Fraud Research & Decisioning experience
• Working knowledge of claims case management systems (OMNI, OCEAN and VROL)
• Minimum of Meets/Meets rating for 2019 Year End PDP
• Detail oriented
• Must not be on any form of corrective action
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels within the Bank
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult customer challenge
• Should also have great typing skills and be familiar with 10-key
• Must have a strong and positive work ethic and follow Bank of America's Core Values
• Must have a recent proven track record of providing excellent customer service skills in a high call volume environment.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills pertaining to high risk account activities
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Handle multiple responsibilities
• Manage high volumes effectively while mitigating loss to the Bank
• Must be able to effectively analyze data, research information and decision accounts
• Strong computer skills: ability to multi-task & toggle into multiple systems
• Microsoft Office skills
• Please note the schedule will be between 6:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday but must be flexible based on business need
• Previous Fraud Experience.
• Proficient in Omni, Ocean, VROL
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role