About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Banking and Markets Technology. We work closely with the business to provide application support and interact with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
The successful candidate will join a global team based in several locations whose primary focus is on providing front line support for GMOT Applications related to Japan and other platforms for all of Asia.
- Join a team responsible for providing a stable platform for the GMOT Japan applications with focus on users in the Asia Pacific region.
- Provide day-to-day application support which includes answering user queries, monitoring applications, reviewing and planning of system changes and server upgrades.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts to manage application releases and system updates to the production environment.
- Troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion.
- Interact closely with regional and global business users and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are communicated and addressed in a timely manner.
- Act as main contact with Development team to resolve recurring issues to improve the client experience, reporting regular updates to the business and management as required.
- Perform application recovery exercises and work with coordinators to assist with audits when called upon.
- Proactively examine infrastructure resource utilization to increase efficiency, minimize downtime and manage resource demand to provide uninterrupted application service.
- Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours such as on weekends and attend night calls according to business needs.
- Candidates will join a rota for out-of-office On-Call support
- Provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions. Proactively resolve potential production problems in all supporting systems and escalate them to relevant parties if necessary. Suggest improvements to existing processes for support both locally and globally.
- Track and manage pain-points to record the impact on MAPS resource efficiency, and to highlight the opportunity for onboarding additional support functions/applications if they were addressed.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing among business, developers, infrastructure teams and management. Main tasks include: provide communication, take remedial actions to resolve outage, provide information to business to alleviate knock-on impact, work on post-mortem and follow-up actions for root cause identification, recurrence prevention, and any improvement in problem detection and resolution.
- 2 - 6 years’ work experience, preferably in application support role.
- Good system knowledge of Unix (Linux), Relational Databases, Market Data system interfaces and Scripting Languages (Perl, Python). All other technologies required can be trained.
- Fluent Mandarin language capability as the candidate will be required to work with stakeholders based in Taiwan.
- A good team player who can work well in matrix management environments, ability to partner and integrate with a geographically disparate leadership team.
- Middle/Back Office production support experience, specifically in the Equities and Fixed Income space, knowledge of trade processing and settlements for markets.
- Relationship Management - adeptness at managing and communicating with senior business management, end users and technology stakeholders.
Learn more about this role