Line of Business Role Description
The Customer Services Manager is responsible for building & managing a team of client facing customer service professionals that support merchant services payment solutions provided by Bank of America. This position is responsible for supervising, motivating and representing the merchant services team along with managing the day to day duties of each team member ensuring that each customer interaction is exceeding customer and company expectations .
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of Payment Operations Specialists that execute payment fulfillment and customer service
- Establish and use metrics to monitor and optimize team and individual performance
- Work across the organization to help improve our processes and the experience for our team members, consumers, and merchants
- Provide in-depth account support, for existing merchant clients in all business lines.
- Become an account expert in the merchant services products and solutions offered by Bank or America and our 3rd party software and technical partners.
- Build/cultivate a team with clear roles and common goals.
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to calibrate exceptional quality expectations and reinforce training to apply and reinforce various skills and tools
- Work as an information source to answer operator questions, assign tasks, follow up and providing direction as needed
- Accountable for achieving business goals for your team of associates
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to improve and maintain high quality customer experience, effectiveness and efficiency metrics
- Deliver and maintain performance reviews and continuous monitoring of KPI’s for your team
- Execute management of projects assigned to unit
- Identify solutions, successes and opportunities to evolve the customer and CSR experience.
- 5+ years experience in Credit Card/Merchant Services industry experience
- 3-5 year experience in managing teams in a call center environment in a comparable merchant facing position within a highly dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team based environment and the ability to motivate and empower employees.
- Experience in remote management of staff across multiple locations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Analytical skills, understanding of basic statistics and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Ability to travel 15% to multiple locations
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project
- Familiarity with relevant call center technology and applications, including but not limited to including Nice, IEX, Aspect, etc.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role