About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Background: APAC Data Center Services team is responsible for the design, operations and management of IT facilities in the APAC region. Data Center Services Operation support is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for the APAC technology rooms and for managing the end-to-end Data Center Services (DCS) requests, reporting to the APAC Head of Data Center Services. This individual will have understanding and technical knowledge with hands-on field experience in Data Center facility management and operations in the following areas: hardware / infrastructure design and architecture, demand and capacity planning and data center environment management. Responsible for providing guidance to APAC DCS resident technicians on approved Standards and policies, resolving technical and operational issues.
- Management and support of daily Data Center Services daily operation duties, including but not limited to,
- Site Asset Inventory Management. Management and maintaining of inventory records ensuring accuracy of inventory information
- Change / Incident / Problem Management
- Produce and generate operations reporting, updates and metrics
- Governance, guidance and support to onsite resident technicians.
- Coordination with internal teams and external vendor partners for completion of tasks / activities
- Provide governance, support, oversight, deploy and ensure adherence to DCS operations standards and processes for daily operations
- Monitor and track DCS service delivery performance against internal SLA standards
- Initial and local escalation point for Data Center Services Operational issues and requests. Follow through escalations to completion ensuring all parties are updated as required
- Supports site capacity and demand management
- Physical site access management
- Vendor oversight
- Active participate and provide support in audit and regulator assessments
- Provide support, review and contribute for submissions of process documentations, assessments and DCS standards
- Provide support and contribute to the improvement of processes to maximize efficiency and minimize cost
- Oversight of scheduled changes that impact, or occur in, the data center environment
- Early and proactive identification in the areas of risk and timely mitigation
- Provide assistance and support for DCS projects
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a Data Center Operations support with hands-on experience and practical knowledge in the operation support of Data center facilities, i.e. inventory management, change / incident / problem management.
- Understanding and knowledge in structured cabling design and implementations
- Familiar and understanding in IT infrastructure
- Have understanding in the Mechanical & Electrical infrastructure for IT facilities.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Have experience working in regional and global support role
Learn more about this role