Position will support the Global Accounting & Reconciliation team within GMO. Associate will responsible for preparing large dollar general ledger adjustments daily. Additionally associate will be responsible for researching and assisting in the resolution of reconciliation exceptions. Associate will be responsible for assisting with the month end closing process and balance sheet account attestation. Associates in this role consistently interact with various Ops business units, Regulatory Reporting, Finance, Internal Audit, and other financial institutions. Role will require associate to conduct root cause analysis and identify opportunities for improving functions and processes. Associate will participate-in/lead tactical and strategic projects focused on process improvements and risk mitigation.
• Design, Maintain, Prepare, & Review Control Processes for Global Securities Operations trade flows
• Oversight of US Broker Dealer ledger accounts
• Oversight of quarterly account attestation process
• Month-end Financial close
• Knowledge of Operational Risk, Finance, and the General Ledger
• Excellent time and organizational management skills
• Capability to work under pressure and maintain high standards when dealing with tight deadlines, high volumes and demanding business partners
• Ability to successfully liaise with and influence across all levels, including senior management, in a confident manner
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to present to an audience
• Ability to manage and resolve queries independently and able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
• Ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job while managing multiple priorities/tasks
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance
• Proficiency with MS Office, specifically intermediate level (or higher) Excel knowledge
• Securities Industry experience preferred
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role