The Mainframe Consultant helps to drive the technical strategic direction for the mainframe platform at Bank of America.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of current mainframe application services and infrastructure capabilities.
- Assessing strategic vision across multiple lines of business and emerging technical requirements.
- Developing and executing strategic roadmaps at a practical level from planning, analysis and testing to practical implementation and support.
- Providing assistance to application developers, architects and infrastructure designers and support technicians.
- Being highly self-motivated, intellectually curious with the capability and enthusiasm to learn and apply that learning in a practical sense.
- Working outside normal working hours on occasions and may include periods performing on-call duties on a rotation basis.
- Strong z/OS based skills (TSO, JCL, ISPF, REXX, zOSMF, Mainframe Security etc)
- IBM mainframe product knowledge and practical experience, ideally with middleware and/or database technologies (e.g. CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ)
- Understanding of application design on multiple platforms
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with a genuine desire to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral. Proficient with the use of MS Office tools.
- Experience of mainframe resiliency solutions e.g. GDPS or similar
- Ability to work on a 24x7 on call rotational basis
- Practical experience of Linux environments and other non-mainframe technologies
- Application programming in traditional and modern languages and techniques (e.g. COBOL, Java, REST, Python)
- Practical experience of DevOps capabilities and tooling (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, Openshift)
The Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role