Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support & Regulatory reporting.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The FDM (Finance Data Management) team is part of the (GFC) Global Financial Control organization within CFO division, and supports the data needs of finance business users (such as by not limited to): Data Sourcing and Provisioning, which includes the scope of EDA (Enterprise Data Architecture) defining and implementing data provisioning strategy to simplify the flow of data from all lines of business into critical enterprise functions. The provisioning strategy includes the definition of Authorized Data Sources (ADS) for domains of transaction data (e.g., mortgage), reference data (e.g., legal entity) and derived data (e.g., capital). It also aims at client satisfaction by providing operational excellence for a wide array of Accounting and reporting, controllership and data analysis activities.
This role is for a data analyst resource and will be a contributing member of the Data Management team with engagement in activities like production data validation, reference data management, data sourcing/research, and issue resolution in support of finance data management programs/projects in the US, EMEA, APAC and LATAM regulatory reporting groups.
• Data validation & reconciliation: production support, monthly trend analysis or ad hoc analysis
• Query various databases (using SQL), compare to source data, identify differences & provide resolution
• Support reference data maintenance
• Ability to facilitate monthly production process, assist with project design and other implementation activities
• Documentation: provide inputs on the project documents, etc.
• Run controls to identify data quality gaps in underlying data
• Analyze data quality issues by working with various stakeholders to get required information
• Make necessary developments to eradicate and automate the data gaps for accurate regulatory reporting
B.Tech/MCA with experience in financial/regulatory reporting projects
Certifications If Any
6 to 8 years
• Strong database knowledge, Advanced SQL and MS Excel knowledge is a must
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify/raise questions and problem solving capabilities
• Fair understanding of technical functionalities and ability to work with technology partners to resolve technical/data issues
• Experience in resolving regulatory reporting related data issues
• Good Finance background or understanding of financial products
• Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, every-changing, highly collaborative environment
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and good with numbers
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong rapport, respect and trust with key stakeholders and constituents
• Understanding of general ledger and financial/regulatory reporting concepts
• Knowledge in data sourcing from ADS (authorized data source) adoption perspective
• Understanding of (VBA) visual basic or SQL
• Working knowledge of Alteryx and creating dynamic Alteryx workflow
11.30am - 8.30pm or 12.30pm - 9.30pm
Learn more about this role