About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
The Country Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent compliance and operational risk oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy, the Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (collectively “the Policies”) and the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (“CORM”) Program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Identifying, communicating and providing compliance guidance for the Laws, Rules and Regulations applicable to Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC), Global Transaction Services (GTS), Corporate Banking (CBK), Investment Banking (IBK), Global Wholesale Banking Operations (GWBO) and Global Markets Operations (GMO).
- Conducting Risk Assessments for these businesses, identifying risk issues and escalating them in a timely manner to ensure sustainable remediation.
- Implementing Enterprise Compliance and Operational Risk framework consistently across FICC, GTS, CBK, IBK, GWBO and GMO.
- Liaising with Senior Management and functional leaders alongside horizontal compliance teams (EACs / GFC / Regional FLU Compliance teams) and other Control Functions such as Risk to provide oversight of FLU and CF activities.
- Leading the Thailand Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) team across various treasury, trade product and corporate banking discussions at country level and at Governance Committees.
- Working with Product, Sales, Operations and Technology teams to review risks associated with ongoing product management and new products implementation.
- Developing the monitoring & testing coverage plans and executing them in line with local and enterprise requirements.
- Developing compliance training coverage plans to address the business needs.
- Assisting Compliance Officer and Business / Functional leaders for managing regulatory exams and attending regulatory inquiries for coverage area in a timely manner.
- Support in the design and implementation of the Operational Risk Framework for FICC, GTS, CBK, IBK, GWBO and GMO.
- Interacting with regulatory and industry bodies such as the Bank of Thailand, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Association of International Banks
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8-11 years relevant experience in a similar or related role in a financial institution, legal or consultancy firm or with a regulatory authority
- Good understanding of regulatory landscape, including the key laws, rules and regulations in Thailand
- Good understanding of the product offering, particularly global markets and treasury products
- Solid awareness of controls and governance
- Good executor – ability to solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesise laws, rules and regulations into practice and project management skill
- Good understanding of compliance risk and ability to drive risk assessments and desk reviews to a closure
- Ability to ensure consistency of approach in addressing compliance issues across the region
- Connect with global counterparts and ensure APAC issues are heard and get the attention they deserve
- Self-motivated, a team player and results orientated
- Ability to work in partnership with business, shared services and other members in Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk
- Fluent in Thai and English languages is essential
- Good communicator- ability to communicate clearly and succinctly across all levels in the organization with sufficient gravitas in interacting with Senior Management
Learn more about this role