ARC Platform Engineer
The Platform Engineer will be responsible for designing and delivering next generation event processing, alerting and analytics system. The candidate would be hands on developer working within Bank of America Global Markets Equities Data and Analytics group.
- Design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems using Core Java technology stack in an agile setting
- 2+ years of recent Core Java development experience
- Experience developing distributed multi-threaded systems is desired
- Understanding of object oriented design and development principles
- Experience in developing large scale, fault tolerance systems with Kafka, Storm, NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with DevOps model and solutions like Ansible is a plus
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and integrity
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
TO BE USED ONLY IN ORGANIZATIONS DELIVERING SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS: Responsible for developing and delivering software to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional and non-functional requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and is aware of the development practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Understands and utilizes basic architecture components in solution development. Codes solution and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria. Executes automated test suites (integration, regression, performance); collects results and flags issues. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Adheres to team delivery/release process and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release. Individual contributor.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role