About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Role is to supervise a team that is responsible for Fixed Income, FX and Money Markets asset transfer, settlements, risk, and control for the Global Markets Operations team at Bank of America Malaysia Berhad. Candidate must also be on hand to offer premium Client Service and deal with all stakeholder queries and manage the relationships between our external and internal stakeholders. Up to date market knowledge on key initiatives and developments within the clearing and settlement space as well as regulatory understanding are essential. Directly interacting with Clients on a daily basis, you will be the main point of contact for clients on all operational issues and will act as Client advocate within BofA to ensure all clients’ needs are met. As senior member of the team, there is a focus on leadership, staff development, management best practice and delivering operational excellence.
Core Daily Responsibilities:
1) review and approve asset transfers and settlements;
2) ensure accounting entries on the back of the transactions have flowed in correctly;
3) perform approver roles and other tasks to ensure appropriate segregation of duties within the Global Markets Operations team for Bank of America Malaysia Berhad;
4) role will cover managing the tasks and volumes ensuring that all tasks for the day are completed in a timely manner and within deadlines. Elements of manual intervention include additional controls designed to mitigate risks of the manual processes, which together form the manual tasks.
5) ensure all required MI and stakeholder queries are completed in a timely manner as per expectations.
Individual will directly interact with Front Office, Sales, Finance, Risk, and Business Supervision for roles 1, 2, 3 and 5 above, and with Regional Management and Senior Management locally on role 4 to ensure that all deliverables are met in a timely manner and accurately.
Additional supervisory responsibility for:
Desired Skills (if any)
Learn more about this role