The registered Investment Consultant II demonstrates knowledge of investments and financial markets and assists clients with their servicing and trading needs through inbound and outbound phone interactions. The Investment Consultant II will own the management, research, and communication of resolution to client issues while demonstrating expert knowledge of policies, procedures and processes. The role is responsible for achievement of high client satisfaction and relationship deepening through a disciplined and responsible approach.
•Deliver exceptional service to clients by answering general account inquiries
•Accurately execute and confirm trade orders as well as a variety of securities transactions initiated by self-directed clients
•Assist clients with brokerage consumer website usage and navigation
•Educate potential and existing clients about investment products, services and trading strategies
•Research and resolve client requests
•Maintain current knowledge of Merrill products, policies, and services while keeping abreast of financial markets and regulations
•Deliver on performance goals by uncovering additional client needs, deepening existing relationships, and referring clients to partner businesses
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
This position is posted as a Band 5 but is flexible to be filled as a Band 6 position.
- Series 7 & 66 (or both the 63 & 65) is required; if 66 is not currently held, must be obtained within 90 days
- Demonstrated passion and interest in financial markets
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to actively listen to clients and demonstrate empathy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, with good follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Requires basic knowledge of the organization, products and/or services
- Requires knowledge of financial markets and trading strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet and exceed productivity and performance goals
- Must be technologically savvy and able to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions for customers in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work assigned shift within center hours of operation
- Strong desire for point of call resolution
- Focus on client satisfaction
- Call center experience is preferred but not required
- Previous Brokerage experience is a plus
- 1+ years of financial industry experience
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located to the east of Maryland’s “horse country”, we enjoy smaller-town living within an easy commute to picturesque horse farms, charming vineyards and as well as big city amenities in nearby Baltimore.