Phoenix Data Science and AI Software Engineering Lead, a critical role in the team, is responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the Data Science/ AI Platform under Chief Data Office (CDO). This involves designing and building out the platform, production services, applications, model deployment and platform components that comprise our back-end. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development, platform engineering and database skills to provide best- practices and guidance to the new platform we are launching. This individual will report to Phoenix Data Science Engineering Manager and will require frequent communication with the scrum team, business leads and stakeholders. This role requires agility to learn new skills and quickly respond to business needs as things change.
• Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Design and implement a microservice based application using python, Django and related frameworks.
• Collaborate with product and business teams to define our product, balancing features with time to market.
• Create a scalable, testable, documented application so that we can grow the product over time.
• Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
• Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT) and Continuous integration continuous deployment
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience required
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience in building and deploying web applications using the python ecosystem like Django, Flask
• Experience in building applications in the cloud, using containers like Docker
• Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with front end SPA and other applications using REST
• Experience in working in an agile environment to quickly iterate and deliver features to users
• Experience in building financial applications
• Experience in working with data using machine learning tools and data analysis tools like pandas, Scikit, TensorFlow
• Experience with database technologies beyond relational, like MongoDB
• Experience with React, particularly React Native
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role