Overview of Area
The Central Funding Desk is a global desk operating out of AMRS, EMEA and APAC. The business facilitates both the issuance of Bank of America Structured Notes (Primary) and provides a market making facility (Secondary) for both BAC and Non BAC issued paper. The business is presently supported by a finance team operating in 4 locations both in the US and abroad. This business serves both Institutional and Retail investors by offering a wide variety of structured note products in rates, fx, commodities, credit and equities.
- Substantiate the official daily P&L explain for one (or multiple asset classes). Oversight of trader T0 flashes and estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level.
- Daily Pnl production for the secondary trading business.
- Preparation monthly & quarterly revenue commentary to senior management and regulators.
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity.
- Daily interaction with the Front Office Trading desk and collaboration with other support teams.
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc) including inventory aging and its reporting.
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Quarterly disclosures (Fair Value, Statement of Cash Flow, FRY-9, etc).
- Preparation of the daily/monthly/quarterly management reporting for senior manager.
- Various strategic initiative participation and engagement.
- Production and analysis of monthly Valuation Adjustments and Independent Pricing.
- BS/BA Degree required (Finance, Accounting required)
- 5+ years of professional work experience within the financial services industry
- Control focus, strong financial analytics experience, hands on experience with complex structures and exotic products
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good business partnering skills
- Advanced experience skills with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- MBA, CPA, CFA, or other advanced certification
- Fixed income or derivative experience preferred
- Structured Notes Experience
- Several years of experience working in a product control function
- Hyperion/Essbase/SAP/Oracle system
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role