Located in a financial center, Relationship Manager & Lending Specialists (RMLSs) focus on deepening relationships with individual and small business customers/clients. RMLSs accomplish this by identifying financial needs, offering appropriate solutions and connecting clients with specialists. RMLSs will also have the capability to originate home equity lines of credit (HELOC). As part of the Bank of America team, RMLSs have access to industry-leading solutions and a team of dedicated product specialists – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients, for example, managing expenses, building wealth, managing debt, buying a home, saving for college and planning for unexpected life events. Additionally, RMLSs benefit from personal coaching, clearly defined career paths, robust training programs and ongoing development opportunities. They report to the market manager and partner closely with the financial center manager to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures.
• Using a defined consultative questioning approach with clients to systematically identify client needs and appropriate solutions.
• Building relationships over time to gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ financial life priorities and effectively positioning additional Bank of America products and services.
• Deepening client relationships through relationship calling, in-person conversation and referrals to specialists.
• Delivering a personalized rewarding experience for clients by executing a variety of defined client engagement strategies.
• Leveraging available resources and technologies to optimize the client experience.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since this position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process if you are selected for this role. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
• Must currently be a relationship manager (RM) in a Bank of America financial center, or have held the RM role in a Bank of America financial center within the past.
• Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations in a responsible, client-centric manner.
• Outstanding ability to collaborate with and influence others to accomplish objectives; a true team player who presents oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish trust, credibility and respect with others.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• An impeccable reputation for integrity and consistency; must possess sound business ethics acting in the best interest of the client.
• Ability to operate in a regulatory environment, complying with all applicable laws/regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, collaborate with a team, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service.
• Strong communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation) and active listening skills.
• Ability to learn and successfully navigate multiple technology platforms.
• Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to operate through adaptation and change in a fluid environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage the end-to-end origination process.
• Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to support the business.
• Must pass applicable background checks.
• Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within four months of start date in role (six months for employees with a work location of NV, eight months for employees with a work location of CA, NY or PA).
• Bilingual Spanish Required.
• Experience assessing client needs, identifying/recommending solutions, and building/managing client relationships.
• Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
• Retail and/or sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment.
• Experience working in an environment with individual and/or team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
• Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role