Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Investment Management Specialist role is a position on the Financial Advisor Team which operates in a capacity to further develop and service the client base. They are responsible for implementing and executing the Elite Growth Practice Model (EGP) in their specific functional role. Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured through specific goals, metrics and behavior’s related to the execution of the EGP model. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Investment Management Specialist position may be filled at a Trainee, Specialist or Senior level depending on experience of the candidate and needs of the Financial Advisor Team. The Trainee is a non-exempt position for a hire lacking required security licenses and/or designation. This position allows the individual to become fully licensed and achieve the appropriate designations required for the position. If Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses and approved designation are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
- Analyze and understand Merrill and third party research
- Monitor and respond to market and non-financial current events
- Effectively navigate proprietary planning and investment management tools
- Deliver investment management, including but not limited to investment proposal, CRC, etc.
- Monitor and analyze book pricing internally for FA team
- Convey pricing to ensure client's understanding of the value of advice and accompanying solutions
- Deep understanding of the CIO philosophy & ongoing monitoring of strategy changes based on current market environment
- Monitor and manage client portfolios to align with client goals, objectives, risk tolerance and time horizons
- Research portfolio recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Prepare materials and coordinate weekly Investment Committee meetings
- Proactively review and manage team proprietary models to align with the Investment Committee decisions
- Manage ML One variances/enrollments/updates/withdrawals/terminations
- Serve as Primary/Lead Team Member for processing PIA trades in Portfolio
- Processing of all trades (discretionary or non-discretionary)
- Create analytical reports for FAs to review client investment portfolio performances against market returns
- Propose client recommendations/changes based on client goals, risk tolerance, time horizon and objectives
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent; must obtain all state registrations in support of Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) If Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
- SAFE ACT Registration; ADV-2B Required
- Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
- Possess and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the suite of Wealth Management products and services
- Strong analytical and portfolio management skills with the ability to identify trends and implement investment strategies to increase growth and mitigate risk
- Ability to make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of investment management best practices and policies/procedures
- Ability to identify client needs and concerns, and articulate appropriate approach to align solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
*** This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.
***Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role