At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals and businesses across the country. Each day, we connect with 67 million clients through a growing specialist workforce and our world-class digital platform. With each relationship and connection, we are looking to provide care and guidance for our clients when they need us most – whether they are just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement. If you are interested in growing a long term career in finance, passionate about developing strong relationships with clients, the opportunity to enhance your professional credentials by earning an industry license and want the ability to learn more about markets, trading, and investments, the Merrill Financial Services Representative is the ideal role for you.
The Financial Services Representative (FSR) is a foundational role designed to prepare you for your long term career growth with Bank of America and Merrill. Preparation for the role starts with best in class training from our award-winning Academy; along with hands on practice and personalized coaching to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that you will need to be successful. As an FSR, you will work in a phone based environment from a Merrill Contact Center. Your responsibilities include a focus on service to sales with existing Merrill clients. By providing exceptional client care, growing client relationships, and guiding clients with needs-based solutions that will support their financial goals. The exposure, ongoing support, and feedback that you will receive from leaders, managers and peers will help you determine the best roles and career paths to empower you to achieve your professional goals.
The Academy’s Licensing Program provides you with the coaching and guidance that you’ll need to successfully obtain your industry licenses (Security Industry Essentials SIE, Series 7 and Series 66 licensing). These credentials along with your demonstrated determination and client focus, may allow you to advance into many roles within Bank of America and Merrill. This includes licensed roles in Specialized Trade and Deepening, Advice Delivery, Sales or Relationship Management.
We’ll help you
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to deliver world-class client care through the award-winning Bank of America Academy
- Get training and one-on-one coaching from academy managers who are invested in your success.
- Build your knowledge of core banking and investment solutions and connect clients to all of the solutions we provide
- Develop techniques to confidently engage with clients by telephone
- Have an opportunity to earn your Security Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66 licenses though structured lessons, in depth online resources, and on-site coaching while also maintaining the opportunity to earn variable compensation
- Continue to learn and grow in a culture where growth and career advancement are a priority
As a Financial Services Representative, you can look forward to
- Becoming a licensed and registered representative who is able to trade stocks, bonds, and other investment instruments for clients ranging from casual investors to high net worth and active traders.
- Working in a well-compensated, highly collaborative environment.
- Growing client relationships by understanding needs and presenting services and solutions offered throughout Merrill and Bank of America.
You’re the kind of person that (required skills)
- Is client-focused with a passion for excellence and a positive team attitude.
- Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and has the ability to multitask in a fast moving, performance –based environment.
- Has the ability to identify clients’ needs and find proper solutions to meet those needs by referring sales opportunities to specialist and sales teams.
- Is an effective communicator with an aptitude for sales and relationship management
- Has strong computer skills
- Is prepared to pass licensing exams – Security Industry Essentials (SIE) and Series 7 and Series 66.
- Wants to establish a long-term career in the financial services industry at a fast-growing company that rewards hard work and dedication.
- Is ambitious, disciplined, hardworking, resilient and willing to learn.
- Must be flexible to work any schedule 8am- 10pm Monday- Saturday
You’ll be even more prepared if you have (desired skills)
- A bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years of experience in a performance-based environment
- The Security Industry Essentials (SIE) or other financial services licenses and interest in pursuing the Series 7, and/or the Series 66 licenses
- Leadership capabilities
We’re a culture that
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting the communities we serve.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role