Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Client Associate (CA) role is a sales support position, typically providing dedicated operational and sales support to multiple Financial Advisors (FA's). Incumbents may also on a regular basis support office initiatives, in addition to the businesses of particular FA's. For established clients, the CA will often serve as the most frequent point of contact with Merrill Lynch. Fully registered CA (Series 7, 63, 65, & 66). Fully paid or partially paid by the FA.
- The CA role is a key support partner to a team of financial advisors with primary responsibilities of assisting with all administrative functions related to client service.
- Sales Assistant to the Managing Director (MD)
- Performs administrative duties which include managing calendar, travel and expenses for team members, ordering office supplies and materials, taking notes during important meetings, and creating documents for internal team and client use
- Contribute directly to the success and growth of team, particularly in new client acquisition.
- Coordinating logistics for events and meetings (for both clients and internal team)
- Represent the Private bank and the team’s brand for both internal and external Center of Influences (COIs)
- Manage a number of different and often competing priorities, projects, or activities at one time
- Communicates with team members, executives and line management to gather or convey relevant information
- Maintain team’s digital presence utilizing firm-approved platforms
- Create marketing materials including a team pitch book by leveraging firm-approved, turn-key tools
- Manage the tracking for the team’s pipeline
- Undergraduate degree preferred, Minimum of 1+ years professional or relevant internship experience required.
- Series 7 & 63/65 or 66 registration preferred; if hired without licenses, depending on the needs of the business, you may be required to obtain registrations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant time management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Polished and professional in person, phone and email communications
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information with the highest degree of integrity
- Advanced PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint applications
- Concur or similar experience processing travel and expenses
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to follow well defined procedures and practices
- Knowledge of investment and banking products, policies & procedures
- Ability to multi-task in an urgent and deadline-driven environment
- Accuracy/quality control – must demonstrate accuracy & thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
NOTE: In addition to any of the Client Associate roles (Registered, Partially Registered or Non-Registered), this position may be hired into any of the Private Wealth Associate roles (Registered, Partially Registered or Non-Registered).
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role