Leads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. May provide technical leadership. Interacts extensively with internal or external contacts to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex problems or to develop, sell or service significant revenue-generating products. Has extensive functional or professional knowledge. Key Responsibilities: Develops financial modeling tools for derivative products, applying the theory and mathematics behind various models. Builds out analytical and technical tools for validations of new models/methodology. Provides in-depth impact analysis or scenario analysis of quantitative measurements. Develops reporting of various risk metrics complied with business and regulatory requirements. Understands financial products across all asset classes and has extensive knowledge of technical implementations. Posses advanced degree in physic, applied mathematics, statistics/probability or another heavy quantitative discipline.
The current opening is for an Assistant Vice President located in Jersey City or Chicago and will work in a team setting to ensure successful delivery of CFD risk, hedge and analytics reports to the front office as well as risk hedging models implementation and validation.
• Provide enhanced analysis of market data and risk explains to front office and QSG teams based on daily statistical model output.
• Work closely with CFD desk and QSG Team in NYC and London to help provide timely solutions to ad-hoc projects assigned by the traders.
• Review and verify the model inputs feeding the CFD risk calculations, assess production CFD analytics results for errors.
• Work directly with the front office and technology teams on issues discovered through technology testing and model validation.
• Help in BAU functionality within the team as required for the smooth operation of the QS CFD team.
• Excellent communication skills required, Previous Experience of Dealing with Senior Level professionals including Traders preferred.
• Strong analytical skills, strong technical skills including experience using Excel, VBA, SQL, Python.
• Ability to Multitask and manage dynamic and changing priorities with the desk.
• Experience pricing OTC derivative products including futures, options, swaps, credit default swaps, forward rate agreements and swaptions.
• Knowledge of Financial Risk Management, Credit Risk Models, Value at Risk (VaR).
• At least 3 years of experience working in a quantitative risk, technology, or front office role.
• Bachelors or higher in Finance, Computer Science or Quantitative field.
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role