About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Will be heading BANA Mumbai FICC operations team supporting Derivatives (interest rate derivatives and FX options desk) and Interbank FX desk. The team is responsible for trade validation, trade reporting to Clearing house, client confirms and settlements. The candidate should be able to effectively lead the team. The candidate should ensure compliance with rules, laws and regulations. The candidate would be the point of contact for Business for any queries and also be responsible for facing off to internal and external audits. The candidate should look for process improvement opportunities.
- Manage ops desk for one or more FICC products. Functions covered include trade processing, settlement, confirmations and accounting
- Ensure adherence to Process Control Standards
- Ensure adherence to relevant RBI guidelines/ FEDAI guidelines/ CCIL rules
- Balance Sheet Substantiation
- Regulatory reporting and handling onsite inspections and various audits
- Effectively lead his team
- Conversant with internal and external policy guidelines relating to products handled, promptly identify deviations and exceptions and resolve/escalate in a timely manner.
- Engage with Stakeholders including Business, Compliance, Finance etc. for constructively resolving any issues
- Participate in various process/productivity improvement initiatives and new products / system implementations including regional/ global projects
- Responsible for the analysis and resolution of operations problems and initiatives requiring exception handling
- Evaluate and mitigate operational risk
- Requires sound product knowledge and knowledge of financial instruments accounting relevant to the area supported
- People management expertise and Talent plan
- At least 10-12 years of applicable experience
- Ability to work against stiff deadlines and manage work pressure
- Post Graduate/ Graduate with certification course
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Learn more about this role