Oracle DBA provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member/DBA. Influences and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Systems architecture skills
- Individual needs to have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide technical documentation, automation scripting, installation, monitoring, and trouble-shooting across a large enterprise environment
- Ability to work in global environment across time zones
- Database server and application sizing and capacity planning
- Database server and application tuning for performance and scalability
- Performance testing experience
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- In-Depth understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions
- Golden Gate Implementation and replication setup.
- Golden Gate troubleshooting of Oracle GoldenGate Extracts, Data-Pumps and replicats
- In-Depth understanding of Oracle RAC (11g and 12c), Oracle Dataguard, Dataguard broker and Multi Master Replication.
- Experience with RAC One Node (RON)
- Database and application server internals
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques in support of 24x7 On-call duties
- Strong knowledge and experience with Oracle Golden Gate replication and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Exadata
- Exposure to Foglight Monitoring tool
- Project management and oversight
- Data modeling (both logical and physical)
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Participates in design, development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies. Viewed as the subject matter expert for the team. Manages multiple, moderately complex projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants or managers. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Computer Science degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role