Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise program.
The Bank of America Global Information Security (GIS) level-one security analyst is part of the Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) team. The SOC team works closely other GIS teams as experts in the detection of and analysis of all cyber-related suspicious security events. The SOC Analyst I is responsible for the timely and accurate identification of security events, mastery of the technologies and information that we analyze, while maintaining expert-level knowledge of detection tools and techniques, and proper escalation of incidents for immediate response, containment and recovery.
Supports GIS functions analyzing, researching, improving, defining, implementing, and executing info security controls and standards. Support team members performing specialized GIS functions. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data. May partner with internal and external stakeholders. Should have a basic understanding of common operating systems and security technologies.
The SOC Analyst I must be information security savvy, self-motivated professional who has a strong passion for cyber security, and a serious desire to learn. This individual should be interested in being challenged on a daily basis to stay one step ahead of an ever-changing cyber landscape of threats and adversaries. The SOC Analyst I should be interested in working both collaboratively and independently to hunt down and identify anomalous and malicious activity, wherever it may be. The SOC Analyst I can be a cyber security professional or new to the field, but must be driven to join us in defending our company as the first line of defense to execute numerous monitoring and triage playbooks. The SOC Analyst I will monitor event queues, investigate and analyze security alerts, monitor the health of security sensors and endpoints, and collect data and context as necessary. Successfully candidates can take advantage of a competitive tuition reimbursement program, as well as a world-class training and industry certification opportunities.
• Good / Fast typing skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational abilities with keen attention to detail
• The ability to think creatively to find solutions to complex problems
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a larger team
• A willingness to be challenged along with a strong appetite for learning.
• Working knowledge of common IT operation systems (Windows,etc.) and basic endpoint Security principles
• Basic understanding of networking systems, cyber security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks.
• 0-3 years of experience in Cyber Security, Incident Response, or a related field
• Prior experience detecting and analyzing security events and/or responding to security incidents
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and correlate information from a wide variety of enterprise technologies
• CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, or similar certificate
• Knowledge of common cyber security analysis tools & techniques
• Programming experience (Python, Perl, etc.)
Enterprise Job Description: Operates processes and/or tools that provide incident response and privacy controls. Uses information to identify, analyze, respond, and recover capabilities. Uses understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, exploits, attack vectors, malware, and digital forensics to assist with incident response. Typically has 0-3 years of relevant experience across one or more incident or privacy control disciplines.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role