Cyber Security has become the cornerstone of business, especially in Financial Services. Bank of America’s Global Information Security (GIS) Research & Innovation team is responsible to identify and validate leading edge technologies to protect our clients’ data. For professionals in the cyber security space this is a unique opportunity to work with emerging solutions that will significantly strengthen candidates’ career experience, providing a challenging and exciting environment.
This position will focus on developing the future of Zero Trust at Bank of America. The role is part of a newly established unit focused on driving modern cyber security paradigm including adaptive safety, sustainable security, control transparency and efficiency across business and enterprise.
This team is focused around a these key objectives:
1) Vision & Collaboration: Working closely with enterprise teams to shape processes, technologies & systems towards a Zero Trust security paradigm.
2) Financial Sector: Helping to establish common definitions & outcomes in respect to Zero Trust (within the Industry) with a broader perspective for cross-industry adoption.
3) Architecture & Component Design: Research & prototyping foundational components of a Zero Trust Architecture and identifying in-house pilots and integration points.
The successful candidate will lead and drive creation of comprehensive data model with components required to authenticate and authorize users/devices to very specific features while keeping everything else hidden, which are the pillars of a Zero Trust Architecture.
This will require establishing effective partnership with our Technology Infrastructure team (TI), Chief Information Officer team(s) (CIOs), Chief Data Officer team (CDO) and internally within Global Information Security (GIS) to understand technology deployments, resilience requirements and drive creation of technology plans towards supporting a Zero Trust Architecture.
Identity and Data Architect for Zero Trust will:
• Lead design & architecture for an underlying data reference model as part of a blueprint for a Zero Trust Platform that encompasses Devices, Applications, Networks, Data & Identities.
o Foundational ZT components dependent on data model include: Trust/Behavioral Engines, Policy Enforcement Points, Endpoint Security Posture, Secure Bootstrapping, Identity & ZT Access Management.
• Envision a leading inventory that represents desired state and has sufficient integrity and completeness that it can be instantiated (data as code) and reconciled to running state.
• Partner to enable a long term sustainable ZT Ecosystem through the development of open standards.
• Internal technical collaboration and working group participation to help influence common reference data and information architecture.
• Reports to Zero Trust Program Lead within the Research & Innovation team within Global Information Security.
• Works closely with peers within Research & Innovation team.
• Works closely with Technology Infrastructure, Chief Information Office(s), Chief Data Office and GIS technology teams.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Primary data architect for the Zero Trust Security Platform.
• Creates technology strategies and plans to progress towards a Zero Trust paradigm
• Analyzes technology to use within the bank to support Zero Trust concepts.
• Works with vendors to drive development of new products to meet Zero Trust needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Key Leadership Characteristics:
• Exceptional knowledge and familiarity around both Data Architecture & Identity ecosystem.
• Deep technology expertise in infrastructure, applications and security.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across teams to drive common thinking and collective action
• Innovator mindset ability to invent/partner/build/inspire.
• Viewed as a security and technology thought leader
• Builds strong relationships with peers, customers, vendors and the industry
• Ability to deliver measurable outcomes
• Degree(s) in computer science/engineering, business administration or equivalent experience
• Sets strategic direction
• Builds organizational alignment
• Influences with impact
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role