The Client Valuations Group is a centralized team responsible for the production and dissemination of mark to market (MTM) valuation statements for the Bank’s Global Banking and Markets clients, ensuring full Compliance with the Global Client Valuation Policy and Operational Risk. Client Valuations is a growing area, which has increased focus within Global Markets. The Group is one of the few ‘cross product’ areas in Operations and offers exposure to a number of products as well as the opportunity to build a substantial cross department/business network with Sales, Trading, Financial Control, Compliance and Technology, and offers excellent training opportunities to continuously learn and develop across all the products. This role is in Client Valuations Group aligned to Global Market Shared Operations, who are responsible for managing the distribution of MTM valuation statements for Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, FX, and Commodities & Fixed Income Bonds.
• Liaise with the client as well as Salesperson/Marketer to establish valuation requirements.
• Identify product type and suitable source for the MTM's.
• Administer access for clients to the self-serve valuations portal and monitor/update user preferences where necessary.
• Manage manual exception processes for the valuations that cannot currently be supported via the portal; and distribute accurate valuation statements in a timely manner.
• Investigate valuation queries across the different product groups by extracting data from various systems & liaising with Middle Office.
• Liaise with Legal and Compliance ensuring new products are accurately disclaimed.
• Enhance the control framework of the team, working with the Front Office and Middle Office groups to establish robust threshold checks and exception tracking processes for each product the group supports.
• Provide subject matter expertise for technology deliverables, performing testing, and contributing to post-implementation reviews.
• Provide top class customer service as it relates to client’s valuation statement, responding to client needs & queries in an efficient manner; participate in customer services initiatives.
• Actively participate in a number of ad hoc tasks associated with MIS reporting, process improvement initiatives, testing, & on the job/ in house training & job shadowing.
• Strong client service skills: The unit is extremely ""client service focused"" and has a great deal of interaction with clients, Sales and Trading and Middle Office globally, thus requiring a confident and professional telephone manner.
• Time management/organization skills: The group has peak periods where volumes are high — during these periods it is imperative that all individuals are able to manage their workload effectively and prioritize as necessary.
• OTC Product Knowledge: Understanding of broad range of financial products (e.g. Interest Rates Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, FX & Commodities) and any embedded components to value various trade structures & Fixed Income Bonds.
• Teamwork: The group has to work efficiently as a team to function. It is essential that each individual member shares information with the rest of the team and can communicate and maintain strong working relationships.
• Technical Skills: The group is very dependent on Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of these is required. Various Pricing tools are also used within the group for MTM generation. A Client Tracking tool and Client Portal will be integral systems as part of the Analyst’s day to day activities.
• Ability to prioritize, organize workload and react promptly under pressure at peak periods.
• Strong negotiation, communication and influence.
• Client awareness/focus.
• 1+ years of client services and/or valuations/pricing experience preferable. Strong aptitude for numbers, accuracy and customer service.
• Comprehensive knowledge of operational risk principles and procedures.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of information and its impact in operational areas.
• Demonstrates communication skills.
• Ability to transform large amounts of data and information into short and concise presentations with sound business conclusions and recommendations.
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role