Supports Global Markets Trading functions. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing personal computer equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves more complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Installs new hardware, software, and maintains existing hardware. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. Typically 1-3 years of technology experience. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
The AMRS FX Support team is responsible for providing end-to-end support to all applications used by Sales, Trading and their support services in the FX business. The team supports a fast growing electronic business operating in true partnership with our Front Office stakeholders. The role is high profile as it has a direct impact on the firm’s revenue generating abilities.
- Acts as the first point of support for application incidents•
- Builds a strong relationship with the Application Development Team
- Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
- Highlights functionality issues to developers
- Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
- Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
- Raise defect reports to the development team for code amendment
- Maintains a knowledge base of known defects and issues, process, techniques
Client Relationship Management:
- Clearly understands client’s business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit client’s current and future needs
- Communicates status with end users at all times
- Contributes to continuous improvement
- Proactively supports knowledge sharing
- Is responsible for tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions:
- Report fixing/custom report generating
- Advanced user configuration options
- Support and use of advanced application functions at request of users
- Read access to application code
- Read access to Production environment
- Access to debug information in Production
- Break-glass access to edit application data
- No ability to change application code.
- Participation in rotation to ensure adequate coverage across all desks. Current hours of coverage provided by the team are from 07:00 until 19:00 Mon-Fri.
- Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests. There will be on-call support on Saturday every 5 weeks, and on-site support on Sundays once a month.
- Knowledge FX markets and the mainstream products in use.
- Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems.
- Exposure to Market Data Technologies such as Tibco RV, Reuters, RMDS
- Confidence when dealing with internal user base (Sales & Trading)
- Client relationship/service management experience
- ITIL understanding
- Proactive, able to multi-task and work on own initiative
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
- Able to prioritize continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Problem solving skills both technical and business related.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of FIX API configuration and / database queries / FIX log analysis
- Awareness of Single-bank FX e-commerce platforms and their functionality
- Knowledge of Multi-bank FX vendor platforms
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role