The Meeting Engineering team is in the Real-Time Communication (RTC) organization. We are responsible for the engineering and implementation of collaboration solutions from instant messaging, softphone to audio/ video conferencing. Our main products include Cisco WebEx Meeting, Jabber, Zoom meeting, Cisco Telepresence and Skype for Business. Our products run on the Bank’s hundreds of thousands endpoints including laptop, desktop, mobile device, thin client and virtual desktop over various networks from on-premise wired, wireless, VPN to off-net Internet, personal home network, mobile carrier network. Real-time applications are critical to all lines of business. User experience of real time applications depends on compute, network, peripherals and many environmental factors. The candidate is responsible for providing end-user compute and application engineering and L3 support for above real time applications.
• 3-5 years of experience directly providing desktops engineering
• A good understanding of complex infrastructure (servers, network, firewalls, applications)
• A good understanding of Microsoft Product (Windows, Skype, Active Directory)
A good understanding of Bank’s Desktop core products, McAfee, Tanium, CM, TEM, BES, Group Policy, Citrix, Horizon
• A good understanding voice and video QoE statistics, latency, jitter, packet lost, MOS, frame bit rate, bandwidth.
• A good understanding of optimization technology such as hardware acceleration, virtual machine client plugins from Jabber, WebEx and Skype.
• Knowledge Windows MSI packaging, installation parameters, installation customization.
• Ability to read and investigate application crash dumps.
• Knowledge of headset and camera technology, peripheral driver, firmware and features.
• Knowledge of Splunk, Power Shell, ProcMon, Fiddler, CM, Remedy, Jira and other tools to assist in Root Cause Analysis
• Knowledge of Excel and or Access to assist in data analysis and reporting
• Facilitate the resolution of proactive/reactive problems across multiple teams inside and outside of RTC
• Notify, escalate and communicate to senior management the existence and status of outages, as necessary.
• Partner with the WSS Problem Management team and ensure the root cause, preventative measures, and lessons learned are all captured in the Problem Management system of record.
• Extensive experience overseeing a large enterprise customer base • Experience in working in an agile environment to quickly iterate and deliver • Experience in working with data using data analysis tools like Excel, Access, Splunk. • Analyze call analytical data (MOS and QoS), map trends and recommend solutions before they become problems • Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate at the right level of details • Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects • Available for emergency response as needed. • Knowledge of Cisco Jabber, WebEx Meeting, WebEx Team (former Spark), Video Conferencing • Ability to maintain an optimistic, flexible attitude in a very fast-paced environment. • Highly motivated and results driven. • Proven track record of delivering exceptional service to clients.