Line of Business Role Description
The Senior Data Scientist reports to the Data Science Regional Lead and is responsible for creating data science solutions that employ model building and data-centric quantitative analysis to bring business insight and increase operational efficiencies to our Line of Business partners. The right candidate will harness their mastery of Data Science to outline work requirements and provide guidance to junior staff on the execution of all phases of the project. This position will require the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Deliver creative, innovative and high quality Data Science solutions that bring cost savings and improve operations routines for the firm.
• Ensure modeling decisions are consistent with promoted approaches outlined by the Data Science Regional Lead.
• Apply advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights for our Line of Business partners.
• Monitor the performance of Junior Data Scientists and provide them with practical guidance, as needed.
• Ensure Data Science models adhere to model governance, execution and monitoring requirements.
• Assist in project planning and prioritization of tasks.
• Participate in model documentation and validations with model risk teams.
• Master’s degree or higher in Data Science.
• 10+ years of professional experience developing machine learning and AI models.
• A strong understanding of modeling decisions including model selection, training and testing strategies, parameter tuning and sensitivity analysis.
• Experience working with many model types including Supervised / Unsupervised Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning Networks.
• Experience with model monitoring routines.
• Proficiency in Python programming and software development lifecycles routines that incorporate Continuous Build + Integration.
• Strong data analysis skills including both SQL and noSQL technologies.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Previous experience working in a financial institution a plus.
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role