About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: The Bank of America Global Information Security (GIS) level-one security analyst is part of the Cyber Security Operations Centre (SOC) team. The SOC team works closely with other GIS teams as experts in the detection of and analysis of all cyber-related suspicious security events.
- The SOC Analyst I is responsible for the timely and accurate identification of security events, mastery of the technologies and information that we analyse, while maintaining expert-level knowledge of detection tools and techniques, and proper escalation of incidents for immediate response, containment and recovery.
- Supports GIS functions analysing, researching, improving, defining, implementing, and executing info security controls and standards. Support team members performing specialized GIS functions.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analysing situations or data. May partner with internal and external stakeholders. Should have a basic understanding of common operating systems and security technologies.
- The SOC Analyst I must be information security savvy, self-motivated professional who has a strong passion for cyber security, and a serious desire to learn.
- This individual should be interested in being challenged on a daily basis to stay one step ahead of an ever-changing cyber landscape of threats and adversaries.
- The SOC Analyst I should be interested in working both collaboratively and independently to hunt down and identify anomalous and malicious activity, wherever it may be.
- The SOC Analyst I can be a cyber-security professional or new to the field, but must be driven to join us in defending our company as the first line of defence to execute numerous monitoring and triage playbooks.
- The SOC Analyst I will monitor event queues, investigate and analyse security alerts, monitor the health of security sensors and endpoints, and collect data and context as necessary.
- Successful candidates can take advantage of a competitive tuition reimbursement program, as well as a world-class training and industry certification opportunities.
- Good / Fast typing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational abilities with keen attention to detail
- The ability to think creatively to find solutions to complex problems
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a larger team
- A willingness to be challenged along with a strong appetite for learning.
- Working knowledge of common IT operation systems (Windows etc.) and basic endpoint security principles
- Basic understanding of networking systems, cyber security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks.
- 2-3 years of experience in Cyber Security, Incident Response, or a related field
- Prior experience detecting and analysing security events and/or responding to security incidents
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and correlate information from a wide variety of enterprise technologies
- CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, or similar certificate
- Knowledge of common cyber security analysis tools & techniques
- Programming experience (Python, Perl, etc.)
(Note: This role may be subject to certification and/or specialized training requirements.)
Learn more about this role